Two Convenient Locations
We are a local North Queensland practice servicing Cairns and the Atherton Tablelands.
Qualified Orthoptists and Nurses to guide you through our clinic.
Stay up to date with everything you need to know about the North Queensland Eye Clinic
READ ALL NEWS
Eye Specialist Cairns
Foremost Eye Specialist in Cairns
If you live in Cairns and are suffering from an eye disease or disorder, and your doctor wants to refer you to an eye specialist, why not ask to be referred to a preferred local eye specialist in Cairns. Be sure to choose an eye specialist where excellent patient care and the utmost in professional treatment is the order of the day.
At North Queensland Eye Clinic, we endeavour to make your visit as convenient and comfortable as possible by employing all the latest technologies and professional techniques in your treatment. Our patients have entrusted us with their care since 2004, and we’ve always delivered on our promise of quick and professional care, and the utmost in customer service. Our friendly, highly efficient team of orthoptists, nurses and administrative staff, in support of our resident ophthalmologist in Cairns will make you feel right at home, making you as comfortable as possible while ensuring that you get the best medical care.
What You Can Expect from North Queensland Eye Clinic Regarding Eye Specialists
Let’s face it, seeing a medical specialist is not something people particularly look forward to. We go the extra mile to make your visit with us and your treatment as comfortable and as convenient as we possibly can. Your continued good health is our concern.
- When you arrive at the clinic, you will be met by our friendly administrative staff, who will check your referral and help you to complete the necessary paperwork. You can always expect a warm and friendly welcome when visiting us for treatment.
- You will first be seen by one of our professional orthoptists, who will conduct an eye test and some additional assessments in preparation for your consultation with our Cairns Ophthalmologist, Dr Ramin Zadeh.
- In addition to examining and treating you for your specific ailment, Dr Zadeh will also check your eyes for any signs of glaucoma, cataracts, diabetes, and macular degeneration. You will find our service and patient care to be thorough and comprehensive.
- We are careful to ensure that you experience as little discomfort as possible. We do this by employing excellent bedside manner, a gentle touch, and the latest techniques and technologies to make your visit as fast and painless as possible.
- A visit to the doctor is not exactly how anyone would want to spend their day, so we take care not to keep you any longer than absolutely needed. You will find our system and our team extremely efficient and accommodating.
Prepare for Your Visit to the Eye Doctor in Cairns
As with anything in life, preparation is vital to ensure you get the most out of your visit to the clinic. It is of the utmost importance that you have all relevant documentation with you, and that you take certain precautions for your visit.
- Documentation is important. Please ensure that you have the original referral from your doctor or Optometrist, and all other relevant documentation when you come for your visit with our eye surgeon.
- It is highly recommended that you don’t drive after your visit with the doctor. As part of your assessment, we may have to put some drops in your eyes to dilate your pupils. These drops can cause blurriness and sunlight glare for a few hours afterwards, thus a designated driver and some sunglasses are a good idea.
- As is the case with all doctor’s appointments, there will be a fee payable at the end of your visit. Additional payments may be required depending on which tests have to be done. The good news is that you will receive a Medicare rebate for most of the tests that you undergo during your treatment.
About North Queensland Eye Clinic
North Queensland Eye Clinic was established by Dr Ramin Zadeh in 2004, having previously worked as a GP and a medical emergency officer, and after that completing his ophthalmology training in Adelaide. Since 2004, we have been proudly serving the communities of North Queensland from our two locations in Cairns and Atherton. If you are looking for an excellent ophthalmologist to conduct your examination or eye surgery, ask your doctor or optometrist for a referral to North Queensland Eye Clinic. Contact us today for more information.